To assist the local Catholic community to grow in awareness of the ad gentes (to the nations) missionary efforts of the Church, both universal and local, and to foster solidarity and support through prayer, sacrifice, and generosity as a natural expression of missionary discipleship.
The Mission Office supports the Universal Church through the Pontifical Mission Societies and our Archdiocesan Missions. Read the synopsis and chart below, or click on each page to learn more:
The Pontifical Mission Societies
The Pontifical Mission Societies - worldwide network at the service of the Holy Father to sustain the mission and the young Churches through prayer and charity
- Society for the Propagation of the Faith – encourages prayer, sacrifice, and financial support for mission dioceses
- World Mission Sunday – annual day of prayer and financial support for the missionary work of the Church
- Daily Worldmissionnaires – men and women who pledge to support the Society for the Propagation of the Faith through daily prayer, sacrifice, and financial support
- Missionary Childhood Association – encourages children in their prayer, sacrifice, and financial support for children in mission dioceses
- Society of St. Peter the Apostle - encourages prayer, sacrifice, and financial support for the formation of men and women candidates for the religious life in mission dioceses
- Missionary Union – association of clergy, men and women religious, and laypeople that animates Christian communities in their baptismal call to missionary discipleship
- Pan y Amor - mission aid program that primarily sponsors needy children in Bolivia but is also present in Colombia, Kenya, and Uganda
Follow on Social Media
View the Mission Office's most recent newsletter here. For extra information on the Pontifical Mission Societies Report, you can view that here. If you would like to receive this newsletter by email, please contact us at [email protected]
We have giving opportunities available for all of our mission programs. Thank you for your prayers, sacrifices, and financial support of the mission work of the universal Church. May God bless you for your generosity!
Pontifical Mission Societies
- Society for the Propagation of the Faith
- World Mission Sunday (program of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith)
- Daily Worldmissionnaires (program of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith)
- Missionary Childhood Association
- Society of St. Peter the Apostle
Daily Worldmissionnaires Endowment Fund
DONATE BY PHONE
Call 314-792-7655 to make a credit card donation by phone.
DONATE BY MAIL
Cash, check, or credit card donations accepted. If paying by check, please make checks payable to the appropriate program. If paying by credit card, please fill out and mail in the credit card donation sheet. Please send all donations to:
Archdiocesan Mission Office
20 Archbishop May Drive
St. Louis, MO 63119
Gifts of stock are always welcome. Please call 314-792-7123 to arrange a transfer of securities.
ESTATES, WILLS & TRUSTS
Remember the work of our missionaries in your Last Will and Testament or Estate Planning. Our legal title is: The Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Archdiocese of Saint Louis. If you wish to specify a particular program, include "Designated for the work of ..." and then list the program name.
Example: The Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Archdiocese of Saint Louis. Designated for the work of the Latin America Apostolate.
Mission Office Staff
Fr. Timothy Noelker