St. Gabriel the Archangel in South St. Louis is looking to add another member to our staff on a part-time basis, but this position may turn into a full time depending on the qualifications of the candidate as stated below. We are now taking resumes for a Youth Minister for our parish. This position will be on a part-time basis to start, but it may turn into a full time position over time even without the qualifications mentioned at the bottom of this notification. This person will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing a Youth Ministry Program from scratch. This includes development of a High School Program with teens from the parish. The minister will work closely with the school principal and pastor to establish a middle school program as a feeder system to the teen group. In time, this person will develop and maintain a Young Adult program as well. The minster will develop and support a Core Group of parents and young adults to maintain the group and delegate responsibilities as necessary. The Youth Minister will invite and draw our young people to fuller involvement in the life of faith, sacramental and communal life of the parish and the Catholic Church and to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide weekly opportunities for faith formation and development of the young people of the parish: intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Plan, develop, and organize outreach, evangelization, retreats, conferences, Youth Masses, small groups and service opportunities to serve the needs of the teens and parish.
- Recruit, train, and supervise an adult and young adult Core Team to assist the youth ministry program.
- Provide regular opportunities for faith formation and engagement of middle school students in the parish school.
- Encourage discernment of religious vocations.
- Accountability to the objectives and vision of the pastor.
- Uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office to maintain an awareness of Archdiocesan resources, programs, and guidelines.
- Plan and oversee scheduling, program development, and budgeting for the Youth Ministry program.
- Openness, understanding, and love for Jesus and the Eucharist.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith (or able to grow in one’s faith and learn) and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Organized, independent, and trustworthy
- Willingness to complete YM Certification.
- Flexible with work style and environment
- Skills in organizing and budgeting large-scale projects and events.
- Ability to communicate well with pastor, parents, parish staff, and young people.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Skills in Social Media maintenance and engagement —Note: with this characteristic this position could possibly lead to full time work immediately and can be negotiated at time of interview.
- Experience in Youth ministry.
Position Reports To: Pastor
As a Catholic professional, the candidate is expected to be a role model for our youth and their families and provide for them an adult role model of the Catholic Faith. The policies and procedures of the Archdiocesan Employee Handbook as well as Archdiocesan Guidelines for the protection for children are to be implemented and followed at all times.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Fr. Mark Madden at [email protected] or mail to St. Gabriel the Archangel, Attn: Fr. Mark Madden, 6303 Nottingham Ave., St. Louis, MO., 63109. If there are questions, please contact Fr. Mark Madden at 314-353-6303