The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Director of Shared Accounting is part of the leadership team with responsibilities focused on directly supporting the 180 parishes across the Archdiocese. This role is responsible for directing and supervising four (4) groups within Parish Services: Shared Accounting, Parish Support, Parish Services, and Strategic Planning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a trusted advisers to the pastors, parish staff and the multiple councils within a parish.
- Responsible for overseeing, evaluating, and developing the various program managers.
- Overall responsibility for the hiring, training,and daily supervision of a staff focused on the needs of our parishes/schools across all four (4) functional areas above
- Oversees all aspects of the accounting process for 115 parishes and ensures compliance with the Financial Management Control Manual published by the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Provides & oversees all training for Parish Secretaries & Business Managers in the area of QuickBooks, Servant Keeper,Publisher, PHOL to name a few of the different programs.
- Oversees the resources that provide direct help to the parishes in times of need (i.e. Temporary Service of sorts to help the pastor manage the parish during employee leaves/turnover).
- Sets the vision and goals for the overall program.
- Directly supports pastors by developing analysis and reporting necessary for the good stewardship of the parish and provides strategic vision/mission initiatives to the same.
- Develops policies and procedures that encourage consistency and best practices among the parishes.
- Collaborates to identify other administrative services that would assist the operations of the parishes.
- Actively participates in parish and deanery meetings as needed.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Professional certification or advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising professionals. Experience in a not for profit environment is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar software.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Leadership ability for enhancing and growing the various programs.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and effectively present messages to the pastors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Relationships must be built and maintained with pastors, parish councils, committees, advisory committees, Vicars General, and members.
- Effective communication will require periodic phone calls, emails, and personal visits. Attendance at parish council meetings, when needed, normally requires meetings outside of normal business hours.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.