There are a number of resources for women facing unplanned pregnancies in the St. Louis area. Here are a few ways in which Catholic and other pro-life organizations are helping mothers choose life for their babies:
Catholic Charities of St. Louis
The Catholic Charities of St. Louis federation of agencies the lives of more than 103,500 people annually in 11 counties in the St. Louis metropolitan area. To learn more visit www.ccstl.org.
• Good Shepherd Children and Family Services provides foster care and treatment foster care, adoption, expectant parent counseling, maternity shelter, pregnancy services and advocacy.
• Queen of Peace Center offers family-centered behavioral health care for women who are overcoming substance use disorders, and their children.
• Saint Martha’s Hall provides a confidential, safe place for women who have been impacted by domestic violence, and their children.
• Marygrove provides treatment and support to young people struggling with emotional and behavioral issues, resulting from abuse, neglect and other traumatic experience.
• Saint Louis Counseling provides professional counseling to families and individuals.
• St. Francis Community Services focuses on legal aid, youth programs, bilingual mental health counseling, case management and more.
• St. Patrick Center helps people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The agency works with individuals and families to build permanent, positive change in their lives.
• Cardinal Ritter Senior Services provides residential, health care and supportive social services for senior adults, including foster grandparent program and support for seniors who are parenting grandchildren.
The archdiocesan Respect Life Apostolate offers programs that provide pastoral and spiritual care for those who have experienced an abortion. It also coordinates The LifeLine Coalition, a group of Catholic social service agencies and pro-life caregivers committed to helping women experiencing crisis pregnancies; Walking With Moms in Need; Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Fund, the Hope & Healing initiative, which relieves the burdens of expectant parents and parents who have recently given birth under challenging circumstances; and Order for the Naming and Commendation of an Infant Who Died Before Birth, a special rite that memorializes children who have died before birth, including miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion or accident; and the Deacon Diaper Drive an annual collection of baby diapers for those in need. www.STLrespectlife.org.
St. Vincent de Paul Society, an international Catholic lay organization that provides direct services, via home visits, to people in need, including pregnant women who are choosing life for their babies. www.svdpstlouis.org.
Birthright, nonprofit organization that provides support to women facing unplanned pregnancies. www.birthrightstl.org (St. Louis), www.birthrightofwentzville.com (Wentzville), www.birthrightstcharles.org (St. Charles)
Room at the Inn provides 24-hour emergency shelter to women and families who are homeless. www.roomstl.org.
Our Lady’s Inn provides services to pregnant women and their children who are homeless. www.ourladysinn.org.
The WISH (Women and Infant Substance Help) Center at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in St. Louis provides comprehensive, high-risk maternity care for women who are dependent on opioids and other drugs. www.ssmhealth.com/locations/location-details/wish-center.
Sweet Babies provides clothing and other necessities to families with newborns who are leaving the hospital. www.sweetbabies.org.
This is not complete listing of all organizations involved in pro-life activities. See https://stlreview.com/3scSWUI for more.