Franciscan Missionary Brothers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

The modern-day Franciscan Missionary Brothers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus had their beginnings in this tradition when, in 1888, their order was founded in Poland. In 1922 two of the brothers visited the United States and, in 1927, the Franciscan Missionary Brothers were officially welcomed into the Archdiocese of St. Louis.  That same year, we acquired the St. Joseph’s Hill property outside Eureka, restored the buildings that had been abandoned 15 years earlier, and began accepting residents who needed continual nursing care.

Today’s Franciscan Missionary Brothers are steeped in proud and solemn traditions of the past. Their apostolic endeavors range from supporting the needs of nursing home residents, to those afflicted with HIV and other disenfranchised people––as well as their work in maintaining and operating the Black Madonna Shrine and grottos, which welcome thousands of visitors each year.

Contacts

  • Mr. Michael ScullyCongregation Contact
  • Brother John Spila O.S.F. Communications/PR Contact

(636) 938-5361
(636) 587-2789

265 St. Joseph’s Hill Rd.
Pacific, 63069