Finding aids are posted online as they are created. Please contact the office to discuss materials not listed here. To easily search a PDF document, use Ctrl+F to bring up a search field.
Archbishops/Bishops and Auxiliary Bishops
Auxiliary and Co-adjutor Bishops
Archdiocesan Agencies, Institutions and Catholic Organizations
- List of Historical Catholic Orphanages and Child Care Centers in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, 1827-present
- List of Historical Catholic Newspapers published from St. Louis, MO, 1832-present
- RG 03 C 01 Office of Worship Records, 1932-2014
- RG 03 C 05 Human Rights Commission and Office Records, 1945-2008
- RG 03 C 25 Catholic Deaf Ministry Records, 1962-2014
- RG 03 D 02 Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of St. Louis Records, 1867-2010
- RG 03 D 04 Kenrick-Glennon Seminary Records, 1850-2016
- RG 03 D 05 Cardinal Glennon College Records 1948-2008
- RG 03 D 06 St Louis Preparatory Seminary South Records 1900-1991
- RG 03 D 07 St Louis Preparatory Seminary North Records 1960-1989
- RG 03 D 08 Cathedral Latin School Records 1931-1947
- RG 03 D 09 Archbishops' Seminary Files 1821-2002
- RG 03 J Colonization Realty Company Records, 1901-1954
- RG 03 X Catholic Youth Council (CYC) Records, 1940-2013
- RG 07 C 08 Corporate Action for Care of Elderly (CACE) Records, 1976-2016
- RG 11 Society of St. Vincent de Paul in St. Louis Records, 1860-2012
- Saint Louis Area Religious Archivists (SLARA) Records, 1987-2013
Biographical Information on Deceased Diocesan Clergy
Publications on Microfilm (35 mm)
- Shepherd of the Valley (1832-1836; 1850-1854) -- DIGITIZED! See https://thecatholicnewsarchive.org/
- Catholic Herald (Dec 1921- May 1948)
- Church Progress (May 1882 – May 1929)
- The Western Watchman (1872-1924)
- The Sunday Watchman (1925-1933)
- The St. Louis Register (1941-1956)
- Oriflamme (1916-1952)
- The St. Louis Review (1957-2008)
Media & Reference
The audiovisual collection consists of videos, films, reel to reel tapes, TV reels (16 mm), slides, audiocassette tapes and DVDs. Most are from the closed Archdiocesan Radio and TV Office. The Official Catholic Directory (1822 to present) and the Archdiocesan Yearbooks (1947 to present) are some of the most frequently consulted reference materials.
- History of the archdiocese of St. Louis : in its various stages of development from A.D. 1673 to A.D. 1928, by John E. Rothensteiner (St. Louis, MO: Blackwell Wielandy Co., 1928). Access provided by University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign via Internet Archive.
- St. Louis Catholic Historical Review (St. Louis, MO: Catholic Historical Society of St. Louis, 1918-1923). This journal ran for 5 years and includes 5 volumes. Access provided by the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center via Internet Archive.
- Das Katholische Deutschthum von St. Louis: in seinen 20 Gemeinden [Catholic Germans in St. Louis] (Amerika. (St. Louis, Mo.), Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Saint Louis 1896). Access provided by the New York Public Library via Internet Archive.
- Chapel of Saint Vincent de Paul at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center: A History and Tour, edited by Audrey P. Newcomer and Rev. Thomas Keller (St. Louis: Archdiocese of St. Louis, 2000).