The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a full-time Accountant. This position is part of the Finance Office and is located at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies, and a Catholic population of more than 500,000. We value our employees by providing a balance between work and everyday life. We also offer a competitive benefits package available upon hire and a generous paid time off schedule.
This role applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for multiple Archdiocesan agencies' financial records. This role requires a candidate that can work cross-functionally and with multiple contacts by providing reports and other deliverables under strict deadlines.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and release journal entries to the general ledger and all subsidiary application systems.
- Reviews information posted to subsidiary application systems prior to posting to the general ledger. Subsystems include accounts receivable, asset management, and accounts payable.
- Reviews all accounts receivable and/or accounts payable batches for accuracy before they are processed.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations each month.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses, and prepares balance sheet, statement of activities, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for the agency director.
- Prepares month-end financial reports including as requested by Agency Director and/or Finance Office Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Experience with Infor/Lawson accounting software is considered a strong plus.
- Effective ability to work in a fast-paced, task-oriented environment and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including a focus on collaboration and customer service
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from agency directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage special projects while adhering to normal workload and deadlines.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to [email protected]