Kenrick-Glennon Seminary has a full-time opening in the Development Office for a Stewardship and Events Coordinator. This position offers all archdiocesan benefits including medical, dental and retirement.
The Stewardship and Events Coordinator provides support for the fundraising events and programs of Kenrick-Glennon Seminary. The position plays a vital role in supporting the seminary’s efforts to build donor relationships, increase public awareness, and fundraise. The role interacts with seminary donors, volunteers, faculty, staff, and seminarians.
- Maintain primary responsibility for the successful planning, implementation, and execution of the Convivium Dinner Auction (November), the seminary’s sole annual fundraiser.
- Coordinate details of recurring events (such as the Fiat Women’s Group), annual functions (such as Alumni Day), and one-time activities (such as donor receptions, tours, etc).
- Work with the Communications Specialist to design and execute promotional materials, programs, signage, and collateral pieces for assigned events.
- Oversee the day of event details including venue setup, A/V needs, internal equipment, food and beverage needs, etc. for various events. Proactively handle logistics and arising issues; troubleshoot problems before, during, and after events.
- Assist in executing donor stewardship activities, including tracking and reporting actions and next steps for donors.
- Collaborate with other Development staff to support successful fundraising campaigns.
- Provide support for volunteers and assist in volunteer recruitment.
- Provide other assistance as needed and requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Rector, or their designate.
Knowledge& Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior experience in event planning and management required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent technology and database skills. Experience in Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud NXT preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully motivate, engage, support, and manage volunteers, donors, and team members.
- Hands-on participation with event set-up is required.
- Ability to lift items from floor to shoulder level and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Kate Sauerburger at [email protected].