The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Office of Child and Youth Protection (OCYP) is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist with implementing and maintaining the Archdiocesan response to the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children of Young People (Charter.) This position will be a temporary, twelvemonth, benefits eligible position reporting to the Program Manager. This assignment may be extended or added depending on department needs.
He or she will assist in the coordination, communication, and all applicable activities required to ensure that the Archdiocese of Saint Louis and all Archdiocesan parishes, schools, and agencies are compliant with all articles of the Charter. He or she will work in response to and support of the Archbishop of Saint Louis and his Vicars as well as the Executive Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection.
The Office of Child and Youth Protection is in the process of transitioning to a new compliance tracking database and e-learning platform to enhance user experience for clergy,employees and volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with all departmental activities related to developing, implementing and maintaining systems for tracking program compliance. This includes but is not limited to compliance with mandatory training, background checks, and the code of ethical conduct.
- Provide training and technical assistance for Prevent and Protect to child safety coordinators as well as clergy, employees, and volunteers of the Archdiocese of Saint Louis.
- Assist with running, reviewing and approving background checks through the Fastrax database.
- Assist with the help desk phone line and email account and ensure that all inquiries receive a response within one business day.
- Assist with account approvals ensuring training dates are accurately entered into Prevent and Protect.
- Assist with parish and school audit sand provide on-site training and technical support as needed. He or she must be willing to travel to all parishes, schools and agencies within the Archdiocese of Saint Louis.
- Provide support to all members of-the Office of Child and Youth Protection and complete other duties as requested by the Program Manager.
- Assist with facilitating workshop sand providing administrative support at workshops as needed. Must be trained orbe willing to be trained as a Protecting God’s Children Facilitator.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human services or human resources highly desirable.
- 5 Years of full-time professional experience in a corporate or non-profit environment.
- Excellent communication &interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative skills and prior work experience with multi-site organizations.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence with technology; including Microsoft Office and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and successfully utilize Virtus.org, Fastrax, and Prevent and Protect within one month of employment.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Must be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the teachings of the Church.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and patience.
- Must have respect for the institutions of the Church.
- Must believe in and support the mission of the department and all abuse prevention efforts.
- Must have a high level of comfort learning, working with and assisting others with various technology applications.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize a high volume of tasks.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.