This position is an administrator in support of the Rector’s responsibilities to the parish and a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Operations Manager in maintaining the accuracy of all financial files and records.
- Works with Cathedral Basilica staff in coordinating office functions and marketing efforts.
- Maintains and keeps parish website current.
- Creates all written communication for online and printed content, including weekly bulletin.
- Creates and submits weekly bulletin.
- Main point of contact for communication with parishioners regarding questions, sacraments, etc
Administer HR functions: maintain vacation/time-off requests.
- Directs the management of the parish office.
- Oversees the management of the parish records.
- Administer Parishioner database (Servant Keeper)
- Maintain all contribution records
- Process new parishioner requests
- Maintain offertory envelope lists
- Prepare Status Animarum (annually)
- Submit updates to Official Catholic Directory (annually)
- Coordinate publishing of Parish Directory (annually)
- Maintains good working relationships, effective communications between parish community, various groups and outside authorities.
Primary internal administrator for:
- Phone and voice mail systems, file network, email and website,
- parish communication system (Flocknotes),
- building/room key system,
- parish website and vacation calendars.
- Sacramental Support
- Schedule/coordinate all Baptisms
- Support as needed for weddings, funerals, RCIA
- Record all sacramental data, including processing requests for records
- Maintain file of “Letters of Suitability” for visiting priests
- Attends all staff meetings
- Consults with and advises Rector on business and administrative matters that affect the parish
- Prepare Mass Stipend deposits as needed and provide proper source documents for posting.
- Maintain and enter all donations to Servant Keeper and provide summary reports.
- Provide detailed reporting or access to any credit card processing accounts.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
Related college degree and/or two to five (2-5) years business experience
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher).Must have excellent interpersonal communication skill
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good recordkeeping skills
- Must have good facilitation skills
- Must have ability to manage
- Must have ability to present themselves professionally
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- Must be able to work well with Rector and other department heads
- Handle Parish personnel issues
- Work with parish council and various parish organizations
- Work well with outside contractors and vendors
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected]