The St. Louis Review is seeking a full-time general assignment journalist.
The St. Louis Review is a media ministry of the Archdiocese of St. Louis that publishes an award-winning weekly newspaper (circulation 50,000), a bi-monthly print magazine (circulation 150,000), websites, and social media accounts.
The successful candidate will be an agile journalist eager to share the Good News with nearly 500,000 members of the local Catholic community through various storytelling tools, especially writing and simple video, across digital and print media. The journalist will cultivate relationships with sources to develop and pitch stories and engage with audiences.
The ideal candidate has these skills and experiences:
- command of the English language; multiple language fluency is encouraged
- attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to produce quality content with minimal errors and on deadline
- understanding of Catholic Church teaching and tradition
- ability to think analytically and critically about issues
- competency with using smartphones, cameras, and computers as reporting tools; and word processing software and content management systems to create content on various media platforms
- a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism, photojournalism, communications, or theology is preferred
The salary range is $48k to 51k, depending on experience and qualifications. The United Media Guild represents St. Louis Review journalists.
The Archdiocese of St. Louis offers an excellent benefits package and a good work/life balance.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and five to seven examples of recent work to [email protected].