Life’s River in Washington, Missouri is a new non-profit organization founded to address a critical need to shelter unhoused families in a Christ-centered manner. Set to open in early 2024, this newly constructed 25-30 bed shelter will offer on-site life-skills training, educational workshops, and a safe, caring environment to help families find sustainable employment and secure long-term housing.
In partnership with Catholic Charities Archdiocese of St. Louis, we seek a dynamic, experienced candidate to serve as our founding Executive Director. This leader will report to, and work with an engaged Board of Directors. He or she is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, fundraising, and management of a residential/social services agency committed to serve our unhoused neighbors. In addition, this leader will facilitate creation of a strategic plan to help the organization meet its long-term operational and funding goals.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute ongoing funding plan and build and maintain relationships with all donors and potential donors as well as with community partners.
- Responsible for management of all day-to-day shelter operations, including facilities management (inventory and cost accounting policies); ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations; maintains official records and documents.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s program, services, operations, and finance results for board of directors.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff and volunteers to ensure smooth operation of the 24/7/365 shelter.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers reflective of those being served by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with the Board of Directors.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- As a co-leader at Catholic Charities and Life’s River, the candidate will be offered a robust benefit package of the Archdiocese of St. Louis including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403 (b) retirement plan, vacation and other paid time off (PTO).
Executive Director Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- A commitment to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the Christian community.
- Ability to work in/with an ecumenical group of board members, key collaborators, and financial supporters.
- Enthusiastic and passionate for serving the unhoused community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative.
- Works independently.
- Creative problem-solving skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or Management preferred.
- 5 or more years of non-profit management experience (with a staff of 5 or more people) in an operational environment
- Ability to pass required background checks.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]. Be the first to apply for this new and exciting career journey in Washington, Missouri and surrounding community.