The Director of Religious Education is a part-time position with the possibility of full time; working in Religious Education at Saint Anselm Parish. Our program consists of around eighty to hundred families who meet on Sunday mornings. The position is responsible for overseeing the Faith Formation of Students Grade 1-8 under the direction of the Pastor. The Director of Religious Education plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the Parish Religious Education programs. The Director of Religious Education provides support in strengthening of our current programming. The Director of Religious Education represents the Roman Catholic Church through their role in the Church. The Director of Religious Education will witness to the Gospel as well as the goals and mission of the Church in performing their duties. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and benefits will be available thru the Archdiocese of St. Louis for this part time position.
REPORTING FUNCTION: The Pastor
JOB DESCRIPTION Duties may include any or all of the following:
Coordinates Faith Formation Activities 1-8, including Sacramental Formational: First Reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Proposes and initiates programs necessary for the Development of the Parish Religious Education Program
- Develop programming for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Manages the implementation of Archdiocesan Religious Education policies in the parish religious education program including Compliance with Archdiocesan Youth Protection policies -- ensuring all Catechists and Volunteers are in Compliance with Diocesan Youth Protection
- Recruit and Maintain Catechists and Volunteers
- See to on-going formation of Catechists through Archdiocesan hosted events i.e., Catechetical Classes and Workshops, approved catechetical resources
- Schedules and Disseminates annual Parish religious Education Calendar
- Responsible for conducting registration of students in Religious Education Program
- Assist in the preparation and manage Parish Religious Education budget
- Reviews, evaluates, organizes, inventories and orders essential religious education materials and supplies
- Keeps student and catechist files up-to-date and ensure that necessary forms are up-to-date
- Maintain ongoing communication with families
- Generate appropriate communications and publicity regarding Catechetical Programs -- Sees to management & security of the building during Religious Education Classes and activities
- Represent needs of the parish’s religious education at all staff meetings
The Director of Religious Education (DRE) is a part-time position, responsible for administering the Parish’s 1-8 Religious Education Program in cooperation with the Pastor. The position requires a mature, professional, responsible, committed individual with excellent Communication (oral and written), organizational, administrative, managerial and interpersonal skills. Must be a Catholic in good standing and have a working knowledge of the Teachings of the Church, Catholic Sacramental Theology and Practices of the Church and Archdiocese.
EDUCATIONAL / WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Theology, Catechetics, Religious Education, or a related field.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (including salary-requirements) to our Business Manager at [email protected].