Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have an opportunity for a Cash Management Specialist II within the banking team of the St. Louis Archdiocesan Fund (SLAF), which resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO. This role prepares journal entries to record bank transactions in the general ledger and banking sub-ledger and process stock donations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Records journal entries of daily bank transactions and stock donations
• Prepares electronic payments and receipts (ACHs) for Archdiocesan Elementary Schools (AES)
• Records payments of accounts receivable transactions of several agencies
• Backs up the ACH Processor and Cash Receipts Specialist as needed
• Prepares journal entries of stock donations and other transactions for the SLAF
• Assist agency accountants with research requests
• Other duties as assigned by the Cash Management Supervisor or the Finance Manager
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Employment experience with a financial institution and banking software (Jack Henry 20/20) will be given preference.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
• Must be detail oriented
• Customer service oriented with a positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan ahead
• Cooperative and willing to help in other areas of the banking team and Finance Office as needed
Position requires daily contact with the Finance Office Accountants, bookkeepers, and business managers of the AES and select agencies.
Contact Details: Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at humanresource[email protected]