PAUL VI CERTIFICATE IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Course Requirements (20 credits as listed below) Once you have completed all courses complete the Paul VI Certification Request Form.
- SS Sacred Scripture - 6 credits
- ST Sacred Theology - 6 credits
- RE/PT Religious Ed/Pastoral Theology - 4 credits
- MT Moral Theology - 2 credits
- LT Liturgy - 2 credits
PAUL VI ONLINE CATECHISM CERTIFICATE
The Online Catechism Certificate Program is a two-year program of thorough study of the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church. Each semester, students take a 10-week online course. Through these four courses, students examine and reflect on basic beliefs, sacraments, moral teachings of the Church and prayer. Upon successful completion of the courses, students may receive the Catechism Certificate. (Students also may take these courses in the traditional classroom format and count them toward the certificate.) Once you have completed all courses complete the PAUL VI Certification Request Form.
Required Courses (8 credits):
- ST 101 Catechism I: Basic Catholic Doctrine - 2 credits
- LT 101 Catechism II: Catholic Sacramental and Liturgical Theology - 2 credits
- MT 101 Catechism III: Foundations of Catholic Morality - 2 credits
- SP 101 Catechism IV: Introduction to Catholic Prayer and Spirituality - 2 credits
CATHOLIC EDUCATION OFFICE DEPARTMENT OF RELIGOIUS EDUCATION CERTIFICATIONS
For Catholic school teachers, PSR Catechists, school and parish catechetical administrators, see the Catholic Education Office Religious Education Department Certification Policies for requirements and complete policy. Or contact Dr. Barbara Blackburn, Director of Religious Education Formation at Bblackburn@archstl.org or 314-792-7373. Certifications are determined and granted through the Religious Education Department of the Catholic Education Office.