This position’s work time is Sunday from 6:00 am – 11:00 am during the academic year(August-May).
This position performs duties for all aspects of the foodservice department to include cooking and meal preparation, food storage, equipment operation, serving, stocking and cleaning of the equipment and food preparation areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare/cook breakfast meals for 40-70 seminary residents.
2. Perform cleaning duties to include, sweeping, mopping, wiping, disinfecting, degreasing.
3. Responsible for serving area equipment startup, restocking condiments, replenishing food, ice and drinks.
4. Wash and put away baking trays after serving.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
1. Experience in a full service food preparation operation preferably in an education environment.
2. Full understanding of a commercial preparation kitchen to include all equipment, food storage, safe food handling and food preparation.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes Required for Success in Job
1. Respect for the mission of the Church.
2. Maintain confidentiality of all information related to a business or personal nature
3. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others is essential.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks.
5. Demonstrated use of basic math skills.
6. Must be able to communicate through written, telephonic and personal interactions with a positive and understanding attitude.
1. Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet needs.
2. Positive in all interactions with staff, students and visitors to the facilities is essential.
3. Must be responsive to the Kitchen Supervisor and other staff at all times.
4. Must keep the Kitchen Supervisor apprised of any situations that could result in disruption to food service operations at the Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected].