The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We currently have a full-time opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to participate in our application development activities. This role resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO.
- Research and analyze facilities needed to address application needs.
- Plan implementation of required applications.
- Develop user documentation for the implemented facilities.
- Train users on use of implemented facilities.
- Provide ongoing problem solving and support for implemented facilities.
Knowledge& Experience Requirements
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art options for implementing automated applications;software development tools and methodologies; workstation operating systems;popular workstation software including MS Office.
- In depth knowledge of at least one object oriented programming platform.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Self-starter;well organized.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to trouble shooting and problem solve.
- Proven skills with project management process.
- Frequent status reporting and strategy discussions with supervisor and others as needed.
- Occasional phone contact with vendors to analyze and resolve problems.
- Frequent phone and personal contact with Archdiocesan staff to provide problem solving and support services.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at [email protected].