This position provides parish leadership, support and assistance to senior members (approximately aged 50+)and families of the Assumption community, working with those who are sick,elderly, home bound, bereaved, etc. All programs and services are open to parishioners and neighbors of all faiths and traditions. The Coordinator recruits and trains in order to provide relevant programming, and works in collaboration with other parish staff and volunteer leaders. Requires experience in senior pastoral care.
- Assures Senior Ministry mission and values are lived through all programming and services.
- Collaborates/consults with pastor,parish staff and Parish leadership to manage the established weekly and/or monthly senior ministry programs, activities and services to best utilize human and financial resources.
- Advocates for the elderly dealing with government programs.
- Maintains the Senior Ministry Google calendar and communicates events to Pastor and Communications Director for dissemination through various avenues.
- Develops and maintains all policies and procedures for programs and services to assure safety and emergency response as needed.
- Oversees the Assumption Shuttle operation in collaboration with the Shuttle Transportation coordinators,Shuttle trainer and Maintenance Supervisor. Continues to market Shuttle services to parishioners.
- Recruits volunteers to meet the implementation and ongoing program/service needs to assist the Coordinator:
- Maintains all documentation for volunteers as required for compliance with the Archdiocese’s Safe Environment Program.
- Provides defined orientation and additional education/skills development for all volunteers as needed for programs.
- Coordinates scheduling of volunteers to assure services are staffed.
- Collaborates and coordinates opportunities for identifying potential sources for and applying for grant funds.
- Keeps detailed documentation and submits coded receipts and requests for reimbursement of parish Senior Ministry expenses as outlined by the Parish.
- Provides regular reports to the Pastor and Senior Ministry Core Team as required.
- May serve as leader of prayer.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by Pastor.
- Demonstrates integration of faith/spirituality in his/her work.
- Excellent communication skills-written, verbal, media and public speaking.
- Degree in Social Services or related field such as Gerontology Certification, or related experience in working inhuman services or with seniors.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of community social and health services to be used as resources and referrals.
- Previous experience recruiting and maintaining an effective volunteer corps.
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Social Media.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics as published by the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Access to personal vehicle for home visits.
- Ability to lift, run, and walk, etc.
- Must be an active, practicing Catholic and have current knowledge of Roman catholic theology.
- Three to 5 years of working experience with seniors.
- Knowledgeable and exposure to public relations programming