The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are a non-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for multi-agency financial records including at least 1-2 complex and/or high-level agencies on a full-time basis
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and release journal entries to general ledger and all subsidiary application systems.
- Revised information posted to subsidiary application systems prior to posting to general ledger. Subsystems include accounts receivable, asset management and accounts payable.
- Review all accounts receivable and/or accounts payable batches for accuracy before they are processed.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations each month.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses, and prepares balance sheet, statement of activities, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for the agency director.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the financial reporting for a Capital Campaign based on the written Campaign Case Statement.
- Prepares other end of month financial reports as requested by Agency Director and/or Finance Office Management.
- Assists the director of the agency with budget and explains quarterly and/or monthly variances as required.
- Attends agency board/finance meetings as needed.
- Prepares audit work papers and schedules.
- Prepares or assists in preparing special reports as needed, i.e., United Way, SEFA(A133) and Form 990.
- Works with agency on grants and grant compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree(B.A.) from a four-year college or university and at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
Mathematical Skills– Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Language Skills -Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from agency directors.
- Reasoning Ability –Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Technical Skills –Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Infor/Lawson accounting software is considered a strong plus.
- General-Well organized, extremely efficient and pro-active. Ability to meet deadlines ahead of schedule. Ability to take on special projects without sacrificing the quality of the normal workload. Anticipate the needs of directors or manager by providing financial reports or spreadsheets. Needs minimal supervision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate and interact with a large number and variety of personalities. The audience ranges from clerical to agency directors and management and board members. Schedules and conducts meetings with agency director or manager to review financial situation as needed or requested by agency personnel.
Resources for Which Accountable:
No supervisory responsibilities. No direct responsibility for managing a department budget.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources: [email protected]