The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church.We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 9 0offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Senior Accountant in the Finance Office,which resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO.This role assists the Finance Manager with the execution and oversight of financial activities of the St. Louis Archdiocese Fund (SLAF) including loans and investments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the accounting and reconciliation of investment activity.
- Prepare and research journal entries.
- Coordinate with the Finance Office Accountant to present accurate balances in the general ledger.
- Assist with the analysis of all new loan applications including development of cash forecasts for applicants.
- Setup and maintain loan files and loan records in Jack Henry and in hard copy form.
- Subsequent to loan approval, monitor changes in financial data and monitor unfunded commitments and advances during construction period. Confirm subsequent financial data on site at parish and agency as required.
- Assist in preparing the analysis for the annual loan review.
- Compile and reports financial data as required by management.
- Assist with the external audit including preparation of audit work papers and financial statements.
- Provide customer service to depositors and borrowers of SLAF.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years progressive experience and/or training, financial industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA or MBA in Finance or related field preferred.
- Experience in banking or loans, specifically with Jack Henry software a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an intermediate to expert knowledge of Excel formulas.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently and proven self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of personalities. The audience ranges from clerical to agency directors and management and board members. Schedules and conducts regular meetings with other accountants and business managers as needed.
- Ability to process work load in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support of the Catholic Church and its teachings.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.