This full-time position performs secretarial duties and receptionist services for St. Clare of Assisi Parish Office, Monday-Friday. Responsibilities include word processing and typing reports and correspondence for parish staff, entering information into parish census, and offering envelope database and preparing sacramental records. Requires previous secretarial experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides secretarial and clerical services for the Parish Office, including responding to general correspondence via email or letter.
- Provides receptionist services for the parish office including the recording of clear and accurate messages, the handling routine questions about policies, events, etc., and greeting visitors.
- Distributes mail and other related material.
- Maintains Mass Intention book, cards, and money.
- Enters contributions into computer program and reconciles with the deposit.
- Monitors and orders office supplies in consultation with the Business Manager
- Runs mailing labels on request.
- Maintains sacramental records for parish (records marriages, baptisms, funerals, etc.)
- Monitors postage stamps and orders as needed.
- Prepares intake form for funerals, baptisms and weddings and distributes information to appropriate parties.
- Ensures new parishioners are welcomed and registered according to parish policy.
- Maintains the parish calendar and schedules all room requests on campus.
- Maintains the key checkout for ministries who need access to meeting rooms.
- Attending monthly staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Must be computer literate and have experience using copiers, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications(Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) and Google Apps required.
- Will need experience or able to learn the Servant Keeper database program as well as the archdiocesan database Parish Helper.
- Must have proficient typing skills.
- Must have three to five years experience working in a general office environment.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Active and practicing member of the Catholic Church in good standing.
- Bea person who is driven by the Catholic faith and willing to fulfill the vision and mission of the Parish.
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, and liturgies.
- Must have well developed “people skills” in interacting with all who come to the parish office.
- An ability to work as a team with parish staff members, ministry leaders, and volunteers.
- Must have ability to communicate verbally and inwriting.
- Must be highly organized with office files.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule if needed.
- Will work closely with the Pastor and other parish employees.
- Will have frequent interaction with parishioners and various parish organizations.
- Interested applicants should reach out to : Father Yates, Pastor 636-394-7307 or [email protected]