Job Title: Part-Time Secretary- Receptionist
Agency/School/Parish: St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Hawk Point
Position Reports to: Parochial Administrator
Perform general receptionist and secretarial functions including receiving and transferring telephone calls, taking messages, sorting and distributing mail and general clerical work. Duties may include scheduling appointments, recording sacramental records, routing mail, type or process letters, reports, memos, program telephone system, schedule facilities, handle bulk mailings, photocopying and other clerical services as needed. Position requires some office, reception and word processing experience. Hours: 20-Hours a Week (Tuesday, Thursday 8am-4p, and Friday 8am-12pm.)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greet visitors
2. Reception and secretarial
3. Record clear, accurate messages or send to voicemail
4. Coordinate and schedule volunteers
5. Process ,screen and distribute mail
6. Maintain parish records: (i.e.: recording of marriages, baptisms, funerals, etc.)
7. Type Sunday Mass petitions and announcements
8. Create signs as needed for Church and Rectory doors, for holidays, Holy days, etc.
9. Answer door, direct visitors or fulfill their need(i.e.: Mass card, Mass request, bulletin notice, or scheduling a meeting)
10. Notify maintenance of repairs needed.
11. Maintain petty cash account
12. Other duties as assigned by the parochial administrator.
- Update calls and information as it comes in
- Maintain hospital listing of parishioners for Priest to visit
Eucharistic Ministers & Lectors:
- Contact person in charge of each of these ministries to get upcoming schedule
- Assemble all schedules of meetings, emails, mailings, Mass Intentions, sick or deceased names to be published in the weekly bulletin.
- Retain on file all weekly bulletins as an easy reference until yearly published book comes from Pastoral Solutions
- Maintain bulletin boards, order Hosts, altar wine and special collection envelopes, etc..
- Maintain and post monthly schedule, obtain servers for funerals, etc.
- Maintain current records in Servant Keeper (SK) and provide certification when possible, on all sacraments, including; Baptism, Marriage, Death, Confirmation and Communion, also record Marriage Preparation and Annulments
Status of Animarum Statistics:
- Run the Status of Animarum Statistics (SA) for the Archdiocese at end of fiscal year. This is information that has been collected by the additions or deletions over the past year of Baptisms, Marriages, Confirmations, Communions, coming and going of staff.
- Make money counters aware of upcoming holidays and changes in counting days, etc.
St. Louis Review / ACA:
- Per Archdiocesan instructions, pull reports for St. Louis Review and ACA from SK. Make all necessary corrections and submit revised report(s).
- When funeral home calls, if Father is in, verify the date/time with him, record all information on Funeral Sheet, set up staff needed: servers, organist, choir leader, etc. and notify parish organizations of funeral.
- Maintain Rectory and Parish Website Calendar. Purchase yearly calendar for Rectory and get all organization(s) yearly plans in writing, etc.
- Explain process and expectations; schedule dates, obtain signed contracts and Hold Harmless agreements.
- Every two years, compile a parish directory for printing.
- Register new families and ask if they want to set up a meeting with a Priest.
- Record information about family and child the parent(s) want baptized, then inform them of the monthly baptismal class for “first time” parents, taught by the Deacon.
- Please forward cover letter and resume to Father Godefroid at: [email protected]