Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Purchasing Manager. This role provides purchasing support by ensuring products and services are available to meet the needs of the Archdiocese agencies, ministry offices, schools and parishes. In addition, this role will manage the vendor database, evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, review product quality and ensure compliance with the Archdiocese procurement policy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage vendor database to ensure the highest quality products are available at the lowest price
- Manage pricing contracts and keep E-procurement system continually updated
- Work with customers to assist in sourcing products and services
- Resolve vendor related conflicts and monitor vendor performance
- Manage non-system purchase reporting, assist in gaining compliance
- Set up new users and vendors in E-procurement system and provide training
- Follow-up with vendors to assist in getting invoices processed in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Proven track record of reducing spending by sourcing new suppliers and negotiating better terms with existing supplier
- Experience with an E-procurement system a benefit
Skills& Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills required
- Customer service and problem solving ability necessary
- Must be able to develop working relationships with the agencies, ministries, schools and parishes of the Archdiocese to assess needs and assist in sourcing and providing products and services
- Strong team player willing to work with all internal departments to better serve the customers of the Archdiocese
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.