Are you looking for an employer who values its employees by providing a great work/life balance, generous benefits package and an opportunity to be good stewards of the Catholic Church?The Archdiocese of St. Louis is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have a full-time opportunity fora Program Manager.This role is responsible for planning and coordinating programs and events that serve,educate, and pastorally care for families and the respect of all life from conception to natural death. This person collaborates with parishes,apostolates and agencies in their mission to share the person of Jesus Christ,the Gospel message and the Catholic faith with the people, Catholic or not, of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gather content and articles for the monthly e-newsletters including collaborating on topics, and writing, editing and proofing.
- Oversee and Organize the Annual Jubilee Anniversary Mass including collaboration with the Office of Worship, publication, and liturgical support.
- Work with the Marriage Ministry Coordinator on the roll out of the Post Cana Program
- Handle the Social Media for the Office of Marriage & Family Life (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Work with Catholic Men for Christ & Catholic Women for Christ Committees & parish reps to promote and roll out small faith sharing groups & following up attendees getting involved in ministries at the parish.
- In collaboration with Sr. Marysia, CYA, and the Director of Life, Family, &Social Responsibility develop pastoral care for families that have been affected by family members experiencing same sex attraction.
- In collaboration with the Catholic Education Office and Young Adult Office to roll out the “Leading & Loving” Program through Family Honor to help parents learn how to speak to their children about chastity and other virtues through the lens of TOB.
- In collaboration with Sr. Marysia and Catholic Education develop support programs to educate and alert parents about the dangers of social media and electronic communications for children and how that is impacting the family.
- Manage the Catholic Grandparent’s Ministry throughout the Archdiocese.
- In collaboration with Catholic Charities, St. Vincent de Paul, and Young Adult Office to roll out a Father Mentorship program.
- Work with and collaborate with the apostolates that serve the family located in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. For instance, Spiritual Motherhood for Priests,Virtue Media Works, St. Vincent de Paul, Catholic Grandparents Association,etc.
- Working asa team to coordinate and programmatically work with the Respect Life Program Manager in sharing the gospel of life.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong background theology, pastoral studies, or related field,or its equivalent is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with social media.
- Spanish language skills are a bonus, but not required.
- Must be a practicing Catholic who is knowledgeable regarding the Church’s teaching all Life issues.
- Parish level experience would be preferred.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Focused passion and zeal for the ministries of marriage and family.
- Ability to prioritize and work both independently and with others on a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and face-to-face with a natural talent to meet and welcome people.
- Ability to present and engage with others up to medium size (50-100 people) groups.
- Flexibility in both thought and action and the ability to redirect priorities when necessary.
- Spirit of open and collaborative communication.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.