The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We currently have an immediate full-time opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. This position is responsible for payroll processing, oversight of benefit deductions and payroll tax preparation for the Catholic Charities agencies of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process payroll for weekly, biweekly and semi-monthly cycles according to agency specifications.
- Reconcile GL payroll liability accounts and payroll bank account.
- Follow and implement Archdiocesan policies regarding payroll, benefits and withholdings.
- Utilize the Infor/Lawson HRIS for payroll, human resources and employee benefits.
- Process benefit payments.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associates’ degree preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HRIS platforms, payroll software, government rulings and regulations regarding all aspects of payroll.
- Experience with not-for-profit organization payroll a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Support and respect of the Catholic Church and teachings.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to multi-task, maintain high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- Approachable and able to interact with employees at all levels and provide excellent customer service.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.