Are you looking for an employer who values its employees by providing a great work/life balance, generous benefits package and an opportunity to be good stewards of the Catholic Church? The Archdiocese of St. Louis is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000. We have a great full-time, immediate opportunity as a Payroll Clerk. This position is provides administrative support to the payroll team and corresponds directly with the agencies,schools and parishes of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. This role resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initializes the time records database for entry each pay period.
- Produces salary spreadsheets to agency directors for review, processes all incoming data for each pay period, uploads spreadsheets (of hours) into Lawson, prepares the demand mapping for payroll and sends reports to accountants and agency directors.
- Assists the payroll team and manager on an as needed basis.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree plus a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with payroll (not-for-profit payroll experience a plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Lawson payroll experience strongly preferred.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Maintain professional and courteous relationship with all constituents.
- Attention to detail and accurate handling of incoming data, emails and calls from our constituents.
- Monitors and distributes incoming calls and emails to the appropriate staff member as needed.
- Assists the payroll team on an as needed basis.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.