Are you looking for an organization that invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We have a great opportunity for you! We also offer a generous benefits package, including paid time off. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have an opportunity for a Parish Support Representative in the office of Parish Accounting Services. This full-time position is located at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO. The Parish Support Representative assists pastors, principals, bookkeepers, secretaries, business managers, and Curia departments with administrative, procedural, and accounting duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance with policies and procedures for accurate record keeping, including accounting, census, contributions, and other parish statistical information through phone/email support and/or field visits. This includes support for Servant Keeper, Parish Helper Online, and QuickBooks.
• Assist parish staff via written instructions, help line calls, user group forums, and office visits.
• Analyze parish accounting files for June 30. Provide Parish Support Manager with findings and proposed corrections for review prior to communication with parish.
• Document and track collection of year-end data and provide updates to Parish Support Manager and parishes on periodic basis as requested.
• Assist parishes and Director of Pastoral Planning with Status Animarum.
• Provide information to other Curia departments upon request with approval of Parish Support Manager.
• Participate in conjunction with IT in the collection process for St. Louis Review and ACA.
• Assist Internal Audit in gathering information pre-audit and reviewing financials post-audit, as well as assisting parishes to implement corrections per audit.
• Schedule/organize parish meetings and training.
• Assist with creating and publishing monthly newsletter and notifications.
• Complete other tasks as assigned by Parish Support Manager.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration or Accounting; or three to five years related parish experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Has working knowledge of approved parish software (i.e., QuickBooks, Servant Keeper and Parish Helper).
• Has working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: [email protected]