St. David Catholic Church is actively seeking a Parish Secretary who enhances administrative effectiveness by providing clerical support to the ministry team in support of the overall parish community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them.
- Provides receptionist services for the parish office including the recording of clear and accurate messages, the handling of routine questions about policies, events, etc.
- Answers telephone and directs calls appropriately.
- Send faxes for staff. Receive, log, and deliver incoming faxes.
- Provides secretarial and clerical services to the pastor.
- Maintains Parish calendar and gym rentals.
- Maintains a filing system for marriage and Sacramental records.
- Serves as a parish liaison for Diocesan Shared Accounting Services.
- Maintains Mass Intentions and scheduling, including baptisms.
- Makes necessary arrangements for funerals.
- In addition to Computer Software listed above, must be able to learn other computer software as required by the Parish.
- Assist with various projects, including photocopying, mailings, flyers, and announcements.
- Maintain weekly bulletin and posting on website.
- Receptionist must relate well with a diversity of persons (Pastoral Staff, Church Leaders, Parishioners and Office Visitors).
- Monitors and orders office supplies.
- Submits Payroll for entire church staff.
- Runs mailing labels on request.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Two years receptionist experience required including two years database experience.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Publisher; knowledge of Parish Data Systems a plus.
- Solid organization skills and ability to work independently.
Please send resumes with a cover letter attention Linda Petersen to: firstname.lastname@example.org