Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package,including paid time off. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The mission of the Curia is to support the people, parishes,and ministries in the Archdiocese of St. Louis in alignment with the vision of the archbishop and the universal Catholic Church. The Office of Youth Ministry advances this mission by providing services to parish youth ministers and leaders that are designed to strengthen their youth programs and support their outreach efforts and by educating pastors and parish leaders on the importance of healthy youth ministry. We are seeking a qualified Parish outreach coordinator who will assist in the creation of resources and distribution of these services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to priests, youth ministers and adult leaders in each parish in order to develop and strengthen youth ministry in their community.
- Provide tools, individualized and group training, develop resources, provide opportunities for collaboration and formation with other ministers, and keep parish leaders informed through social media and other current means of communication.
- Provide specific focus to supporting Hispanic and minority communities.
- Assist the Office of Youth Ministry in the various services and youth events we offer as needed.
- Assist the Director of Youth Ministry in other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ experience working in youth ministry. An Educational background in theology, youth ministry, and/or education is highly desirable.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with Church teaching.
- Enjoy working with teens and adults;
- Display a youthful spirit, be independent, self-motivated, hard-working and trustworthy.
- Abilityto be available and work some evenings and weekends, in order to service thevariety of parishes and leaders in our Archdiocese.
- Abilityto handle occasional times of long hours and/or high pressure leading up to andduring events.
- Willingness to travel, especially to a variety of venues including parishes, schools, and youth ministry events.
- Ability to supervise and give direction to others.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.