St. Francis Xavier College Church
General Description of Duties
The Parish Accountant is apart-time (15-20 hours per week) hourly position. The Parish Accountant is a member of the parish administrative staff and provides day-to-day fiscal and operational services. The accountant will serve as the point of contact with Shared Accounting.
This position reports to the Parish Life Coordinator
Shall be knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of general accounting, including general ledger and accounts receivable and payable. Shall have experience with databases and e-commerce platforms.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the prompt payment of all bills and financial obligations with Shared Accounting while ensuring proper maintenance and security of all financial records.
- Oversee calculating, posting, verifying and recording of all parish revenues which includes offertory, fundraisers, and special gifts.
- Make weekly bank deposits and send deposit reports to Shared Accounting.
- Ensure that Shared Accounting prepares appropriate monthly budget and expenditure reports.
- Work with Shared Accounting to prepare the annual budget in coordination with the Parish Life Coordinator, Finance Committee and staff.
- Prepare monthly giving reports and quarterly budget reports to be shared with the parish.
- Work with Development Director to ensure annual giving statements are sent out in a timely manner.
- Oversee-commerce platforms and required devices. Prepare monthly e-commerce reports for Shared Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field of study. A 2-year degree with a minimum of 3 years work experience in accounting may substitute.
- Solid knowledge of computer systems, including the Microsoft office suite, Google drive, QuickBooks, electronic mail, membership software, e-commerce platforms and financial reporting and accounting software.
- Meticulous attention to detail with good follow-up skills.
Compensation$22 per hour
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]