Our Vision and Mission:
The Rural Parish Clinic of the Archdiocese of St. Louis extends the mercy of Jesus Christ to those who come to us in need by providing the highest quality, compassionate care rooted in the Roman Catholic Church. Drawing from the legacy of the Rural Parish Workers of Christ the King, the Rural Parish Clinic seeks to meet the medical, dental, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of uninsured residents, regardless of faith, in rural Missouri.
An exciting new position to help grow the services of the Rural Parish Clinic Medical Clinic. A nurse administrator will provide hands-on oversight of the mobile medical clinic serving the rural areas within the Archdiocese of St. Louis, requiring nursing license, experience and 5-7 years of some form of administrative experience in nursing. This position will work with the Medical Director of the Rural Parish Clinic to manage and expand the mobile medical clinic operations, recruit and on-board new volunteers, coordinate medical clinics onsite, expand our collaboration within the rural communities we serve as source for patient referral, develop new clinic sites, schedule volunteers to serve on the clinics and assist them in patient care and procedures, and oversee the Medical Clinic Coordinator. The Rural Parish Clinic serves uninsured, income qualifying persons regardless of faith who live in rural Missouri. Travel to rural clinic sites, an understanding of rural medicine, and a sense of mission to the uninsured is essential.
- Current Missouri Nursing License
- 5-7 years of nursing management or administrative experience
- Current driver’s license and proof of insurance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages daily administrative aspects of running a busy charitable mobile medical clinic
- Coordinates activities with the Medical Director of the Rural Parish Clinic and oversees the Medical Clinic Coordinator
- Ensures the medical clinic maintains the State of Missouri reporting requirements.
- Organizes and maintains efficient operations of the medical clinic, keeping current the established policies, procedures and licenses for the medical clinic
- Aids the coordinator in maintaining reports of volumes, services, contributed value, expenses
- Recruits, on-boards and orients new volunteers to support the maintenance and growth of the medical clinic. Collaborates with SSM health system for the credentialing of new providers
- Develops collaborative networks within the rural communities we serve
- Provides continued development of existing sites and new site development, volunteer development and patient recruitment from the rural areas
- Coordinates medical clinic operational meetings and prepares meeting materials and minutes.
- Maintains communication with volunteers, working to develop volunteer educational opportunities and growth as well as appreciation events
- Aids the Medical Director in medical clinic donor development and opportunities for funding through grants
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, nursing license, current driver’s license
- Nurse manager or administrative experience either inpatient or outpatient, preferably 5-7 years.
- Experience with medical EMRs, strong skills in computer support, maintaining patient and program data, creating and generating reports, communications and development
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire and ability to drive to rural areas for clinic development and accompany the clinic to rural sites for service
- Experience working with low-income individuals/families struggling with social, economic and health challenges preferred
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Support of the Catholic Church and its teachings
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to adapt to daily change; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with a diverse volunteer and patient base
- Understanding of the population health needs in rural Missouri
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].