CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF ST. LOUIS, a federation of eight agencies, has been helping people in need since 1912. In response to the teachings of Jesus Christ,our mission is to serve people in need, especially those who are poor and vulnerable; work to improve social conditions for all people in the community;and call members of the Church and community to do the same. On an annual basis, the Catholic Charities Federation assists over 110,000 people, through 100 programs at 50 sites, in 11 counties of the St. Louis metropolitan area.
The Part-time Manager of Community Engagement (approximately 28 hrs/week; with benefits) is responsible for promoting the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) and administering the CCHD grant program on behalf of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, and supervising a CCHD Intern. The Manager also engages with Catholic schools and parishes to promote our mission with a focus to educate regarding poverty,Catholic social teaching, and the work of Catholic Charities’ federated agencies. The Manger represents Catholic Charities on Archdiocesan task forces and engages with other community partners, outreach departments, Parish Ambassadors, and possibly Mission Integration.
- Educate parishioners and clergy on the CCHD, the work of CCHD-funded grantees, and the impact of poverty in our community, our state, and our country;
- Promote and administer Creating on the Margins, an art contest for students designed to raise awareness of poverty;
- Connect parishes to Catholic social issue resources provided by the national partners;
- Assist in the administration of the national CCHD grants program and administer the local grants programs;
- Build and coordinate the Archdiocesan local CCHD committee;
- Build and maintain relationships with the CCHD funded organizations;
- Promote the annual CCHD collection;
- Manage the CCHD webpage and social media;
- Recruit and supervise a CCHD intern each school year;
- Assist in educating parishioners on Catholic social teaching, the work of the Catholic Charities federated agencies, and Catholic Charities’ public policy priorities;
- Assist in mobilizing parishioners and clergy to participate in the legislative process;
- Assist in the planning of legislative events.
To Apply, send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Les Lexow, Senior Director Human Resources at [email protected].