Supervises the maintenance, renovation, restoration and upkeep of the parish/school buildings and grounds including mechanical ,plumbing and electrical systems. Conducts preventative maintenance, safety and energy conservation audits. Supervises two or more full-time maintenance and grounds employees, may also supervise outside contractors and personally performs higher-level maintenance functions. Requires extensive experience in building and grounds maintenance work and supervision of employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Instructs and monitors maintenance staff in general custodial tasks.
o Trains and reviews employee performance
o Establishes daily work assignments
o Reviews and approves time sheets
o Supervises grounds maintenance
o Sets up facilities for parish events such as weddings, funerals, etc.
o Maintains clean and safe environment in work area
o Works with volunteers as directed by Business Manager
- Maintains communication with appropriate persons.
o Communicates parish personnel policies to maintenance staff
o Maintains channels of communication with Business Manager, Principal or Pastor, on an “as needed” basis
o Verifies contractor activity
o Accompanies all inspectors (fire, health, insurance, EPA, etc.) on their rounds
o Works with parish facilities committee as directed by Business Manager
- Performs as an operations technician.
o Maintains buildings and equipment
o Performs routine repairs and obtains necessary certification if required
o Purchases supplies for maintenance as needed
o Refers supplier contracts to Business Manager as directed
o Verifies receipt and condition of supplies
o Attends seminars as requested by Business Manager or parish
o Maintains open file of emergency systems, i.e., plumbing, electrical, fire, sewage, underground tanks, etc.
o Maintains cemetery, if applicable
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Previous maintenance experience
- Boiler certification desirable
- HVAC maintenance knowledge highly desirable
- Three plus years supervisory experience in related field
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
- Must have necessary mechanical skills and the ability to work safely with machinery and equipment requiring considerable caution
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize time
- Must have ability to perform outlined tasks
- Must have ability to supervise others
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with possible evening and/or weekend hours
- Ability to tolerate varying temperatures and climate changes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and stand for long periods
- Ability to provide own transportation for job-related responsibilities
Must be able to work with other maintenance staff, the Pastor, Business Manager and other parish employees.
Resources for Which Accountable
Responsible for supplies and equipment used to perform work
Please forward all inquiries to:
mail: Little Flower Catholic Church 1264 Arch Terrace St. Louis, Mo. 63117