Assumption Parish in O’Fallon, MO is looking for a maintenance person to join our staff. We are looking for a friendly, reliable, hardworking individual.
This is a full-time, hourly position. The maintenance department services the church, school, rectory and parish offices. Functions include trash collection, floor work, furniture moving, summer deep cleaning, replacing bulbs/filters, landscape trimming,ordering supplies, etc. Normal hours are 7 am – 4 pm but may include work during the evening or weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining all buildings in a clean and orderly manner.
• Performing light maintenance including some basic plumbing and electrical.
• Clean-up litter outside, and during winter months shoveling sidewalks and steps.
• Facility set-up and take down,hauling and moving of furniture and equipment.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• Knowledge of janitorial equipment,supplies, cleaning chemicals and their applications.
• Previous janitorial and maintenance experience required.
Skills and Attitude Required for Success in Job:
• General knowledge and respect of the Catholic Church
• Ability to perform outlined tasks and minimum supervision and be self –motivated.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand for long hours.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule; evenings and/or weekend hours.
• On-call availability for emergencies.
• Must have own transportation,valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
• Must complete “Protecting Gods Children” course and pass a background check.
• Must be able, to work with,Maintenance Supervisor, Administration, Faculty, other Maintenance Staff,Parents, and Volunteers.
For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to:
Jim Hager, Business Manager email@example.com