General Description of Duties
The Liturgy Coordinator is a part-time (12-15 hours per week) position. The role of the Liturgy Coordinator is to ensure that liturgies are well organized and run smoothly.
- Must have experience with liturgy planning; Must be a practicing Catholic
- Relationship Builder/Collaborator: Must be able to work closely with volunteers of all ages, priests, campus ministry, and parish staff as needed;
- Detail Oriented: There are many moving parts that must be attended to in planning for and celebrating liturgies.
- Basic understanding and appreciation of Ignatian Spirituality
- Schedule liturgical ministers and support the priest in recruiting and training liturgical ministers
- Put the presider book together each week
- Oversee sacristy and liturgical materials and supplies
- Be present on Saturday evening and Sunday morning for masses.
- Support other liturgical celebrations within the College Church community: penance services, funerals, etc
- Communicate with the Liturgy Commission, the Art and Environment Committee, the Bereavement Committee and any other liturgy focused committees
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires skills in word processing, database management and other computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint).
Hourly rate: $18.00
To apply, send resume and cover letter [email protected]