Instructional Aides - St. Louis Catholic Academy, a K – 8 urban Catholic elementary school located at St. Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist Parish, has an opening for Instructional Aides for Grades 6th-8th for the 2021-2022 school year.
The Instructional Aide will assist the classroom teacher in providing supplementary instruction, skill reinforcement, remedial instruction, supervision, and enrichment to individuals or groups of students facilitated by the classroom teacher and/or learning consultant. The Instructional Aide is responsible to the Principal and assists the teacher and learning consultant in meeting the diverse needs of students or classes. The Instructional Aide will work directly with teachers and students to provide academic support, data collection, and observational input as requested.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
· A teaching degree or experience is desired but not required.
· Enjoy working with children.
· Ability to follow directions in learning to implement lessons, collect data, or supervise activities as determined by the classroom teacher with consultation and training from the learning consultant.
· Possess a good understanding of the developmental needs of the age children with whom they are working.
· Capable of supervising students and maintaining order in a positive way.
This position begins August 1, 2021. To express initial interest in the position, candidates should send a letter of interest and current resume to Sandra Morton, Principal, at [email protected]. Candidates new to the Archdiocese of St. Louis need to contact Sharon Gieseking, executive assistance for elementary school personnel, at [email protected] to complete an application process. Candidates are encouraged to learn more about the school at www.slca-stl.org.
Job Type: Full-time