This position will provide Human Resources support and guidance of a designated Vicariate. The incumbent will support the employment process including recruitment efforts, screening, interviewing, and onboarding. The Vicariate HR Manager will engage in direct service to pastors, principals, and business managers within a designated Vicariate. The incumbent will be the primary point of contact for HR related matters at the Vicariate level including recruitment, employee relations, leave of absence administration, training and development for the Vicariate. As part of the Vicariate team led by the Episcopal Vicar, the HR Manager will collaborate with other Vicariate and Curia team members at an office location to be determined within the Vicarate footprint.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and operate a full-service employment process for the lay staff of the Vicariate. Specifically, place recruitment ads, conduct hiring seminars, assist pastors and principals with preparing job descriptions, recruiting, screening, and interview key positions within the Vicariate.
- Provides compensation and benefit consulting to pastors and principals as needed.
- Conduct new employee orientation for lay staff within Vicariate.
- Collaborate with pastors and principals on HR matters pertaining to best practices
- Assist employees within the Vicariate regarding HR issues.
- Administer leave of absence program for the lay staff of the Vicariate.
- Provides training to lay staff on various HR and Parish related topics, i.e., Effective Supervision, Respect in the Workplace, Performance Management, etc.
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and stays current on those requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- College degree in related field. Preferably in HR management.
- Must have 5-7 years of HR management experience, preference given to those in a religious or non-profit organization.
- Prefer practicing Catholic in sacramental union with the church but at a minimum must be supportive of the teachings and mission of the Catholic church.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality regarding personnel data.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft and Google applications.
- Must have excellent phone and virtual meeting skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and provide excellent service to all levels of employees and external contacts.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. This position will office in Barnhart/Imperial/Festus; exact location to be determined.