Serve as a dedicated HR Coordinator to a specific group of agencies, parishes and schools within the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Receive and process data transactions in the HR/Payroll/Benefits system for all aspects of the employee lifecycle – new hires, transfers, pay rate changes, departmental reorganizations, terminations, etc. Ensure data integrity and accuracy, compliance with HR policies/procedures and HR systems requirements, and maintain an audit record of all transactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and process all HR/Payroll/Benefits System data entry transactions from designated contacts within the Archdiocese agencies, parishes and schools. Ensure timely data entry based on HR/Payroll/Benefits Processing Schedules; and ensure data accuracy on all transactions. Ensure the highest level of customer service to all agencies, parishes and schools. Ensure accuracy and timeliness on all data entry transactions.
- Establish positive relationships with the designated contact at each agency, parish or school within the Archdiocese. Serve as their dedicated contact – a source of education and information on how to submit their employee transactions for processing – ultimately ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all HR/Payroll/Benefits data-entry transactions for each unique entity within the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Ensure established processes/procedures are adhered to. When necessary, educate and inform the agency/parish/school contact on the proper process/procedure.
- Liaise with contacts at each of the agencies, parishes and schools to resolve issues/questions/discrepancies on data entry transactions received from them. When necessary, involve other members of the HR/Payroll/Benefits Teams, to provide a full and complete solution for the particular agency, parish or school. Document all issues and/or discrepancies that are resolved, maintaining a full and complete audit trail.
- Maintain consistent, accurate and ongoing on-line employee files related to all data entry transactions entered.
- Serve as back-up to other HR Coordinator colleagues, providing back-up and assistance when needed or requested, ensuring the highest level of customer service, accuracy and timeliness.
- Participate as an active team member in the activities required for the implementation of anew HR/Payroll/Benefits system. This includes but is not limited to system training, process definition, system testing, and process/procedures documentation.
- Assist with and participate in various projects as needed, including but not limited to: Annual Open Enrollment, Annual Payrate Changes, Annual Teacher Contract Processing, HR-Sponsored events withinthe Archdiocese, and other projects and activities that may arise.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a Human Resources environment, including a strong knowledge and understanding of HR/Payroll systems processing and the related best practices is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of general HR practices, policies and procedures required.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in daily use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook Calendar required.
Skills & Abilities Required for Success in Job
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to multi-task, maintain high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- Approachable and able to interact with employees at all levels and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish strong and positive relationships with direct customers, colleagues, and all others in within the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Excellent verbal communication skills – specifically the ability to articulate difficult or unfamiliar concepts in an accurate and concise manner, with an ability to relate to customers who have different levels or degrees of process knowledge.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurate and concise details and action items to a diverse audience.
- Reports to the HRIS Project Manager.
Resources for which accountable
- Create and maintain accurate and timely employee records in the HR/Payroll system.
- Ensure accurate data entry, which results in accurate employee paychecks and related benefits.
- Ensure timely resolution of any data entry questions/issues, in order to ensure an accurate and timely paycheck and related benefits for the individual employee.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at [email protected]