Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Archdiocese of St. Louis has an opening fora full-time Facilities Manager. This position is responsible for providing leadership and supervising all service aspects of the building support functions at the Cardinal Rigali Center, Catholic Charities Administration Center, Blessed John XXIII Center, Kenrick-Glennon Seminary and assist at the Archbishop’s Residence to include maintenance of building mechanical systems,grounds, housekeeping, mail room and conference rooms support. This position will provide long term planning for and replacement of capital assets. This position is also critical to the daily operations to ensure that the facility does not create situations that would disrupt the working or living condition sat these sites and that the users have a safe and comfortable environment that meets their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify routine preventative maintenance inspections of mechanical systems at designated intervals and monitor for patterns that could affect life cycle of systems.
- Verify routine maintenance of equipment and adjust schedules as necessary to generate maximum life of assets.
- Conduct periodic inspections of all structures to include; exterior grounds, offices,stairs, walkways, parking lots, roofs and other general areas and meet with supervisors to assure overall quality and maintenance levels are being maintained.
- Monitor work order system for timely completion of assigned tasks and develop preventive measures for recurring problems.
- Develop long term plans for life cycle of equipment and asset replacement.
- Develop training and evaluation programs for employees to increase overall skill level of staff and document training.
- Meet formally and informally with building department heads and staff to develop assessment of needs in their departments and to assure we are meeting their expectations.
- Prepare department budgets.
- Prepare RFP’s and bid specifications, evaluate and award construction projects and large capital purchases.
- Assist staff when necessary with set up or moving of equipment, chairs, tables and other furnishings.
- Assist staff with snow removal on parking lots, walks and treating ice patches when necessary.
- Provide on call assistance during emergencies or alarm malfunctions at the facilities or to oversee and assist others in correcting problems.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience in multi-site management of a staff that performs repair, maintenance and/or installation of various building equipment and other facility support operations. Additionally, a minimum of three years of experience in long range planning and plan implementation for capital expenditures.
- Proficient use computer programs including Microsoft Office, database and internet research.
- Experience with the use and set up of Preventative Maintenance Programs and Work Order Programs.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Support and respect for the mission of the Church and its teachings.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to a business or personal nature that is shared or acquired during the course of your work.
- An appreciation of the significance of these Catholic Facilities is very important.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others is essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks to meet the needs of the facilities.
- Must be able to communicate through written, phone and personal interactions with a positive and understanding attitude.
- Must be able to read, interpret and understand blue prints, schematics and repair manuals for the building and equipment and be able to direct others to locations of building critical systems.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, reach overhead, lift 50 lbs and climb ladders to a height of 20 feet.
- Ability to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, dusty and noisy.
- Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet occupant’s needs.
- Positive in all interactions with staff and visitors to the facilities is essential.
- Must be responsive to the Archbishop and other staff at all sites.
- Must keep the Director of Building and Real Estate and department heads informed of any situations that could result in disruption to operations at the Cardinal Rigali Center, Catholic Center, Blessed John XXIII Center, Kenrick-Glennon Seminary or the Archbishop’s Residence.
Resources for which Accountable:
- Supervision of outside vendors and verification of work.
- Supervision of maintenance and building support staff.
- Approval for department expenditures.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.