The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are a non-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We currently have a new, part-time position for a Facilities Assistant. This position is responsible for assisting the Building Service Supervisor with conference room functions at the Cardinal Rigali Center including; conference room set-ups and provisioning, audio visual set-ups and other support functions as needed.This position is critical to the daily operations to ensure that occupants and conference needs are supported and that the users have a safe and comfortable environment that meets their requirements. This positions reports directly to the Building Service Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building services for conference, meeting and break rooms at the Cardinal Rigali Center.
- Provide proper care in the movement, setting up, breaking down and storage of equipment such as tables, chairs, podiums and other related furniture for meeting areas.
- Assist Building Service Supervisor in scheduling of conference rooms and set up requirements.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance on all conference and meeting room equipment, ensuring a smooth and error free operation.
- Set up and test any audio/visual needs for conference and meeting rooms.
- Ensure the conference and meeting areas are free of trash, clutter and room temperature is comfortable, allowing for a pleasant meeting space.
- Perform a range of duties to keep exterior grounds clean and litter free as time permits.
- Assist in other duties as needed through the Building Manager.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Ability to use computer programs to include word processing, email and Microsoft Applications.
- Audio/Visual knowledge a plus but not required.
- Experience with conference or meeting room planning with setups is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent time management skills.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Respect for the mission of the Church.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to a business or personal nature that is shared or acquired during the course of your work.
- An appreciation of the significance of these Catholic Facilities is very important.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others is essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks to meet the needs of the facility.
- Must be able to communicate through written, telephonic and personal interactions with a positive and understanding attitude.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in safe and proper manner to avoid injury to self or others.
- Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet occupant’s needs.
- Positive in all interactions with staff and visitors to the facilities is essential.
- Must keep the Building Service Supervisor apprised of any situations that could result in disruption to operations at the Cardinal Rigali Center.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs at a time.
- Withstand prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to climb, transport and setup ladders.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.