Kenrick-Glennon Seminary is seeking a fulltime Dishwasher.
This position’s work time is weekdays from 5:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Start date for training is August 1st, 2023.
This position is responsible for dish and equipment cleaning but may perform duties for other aspects of the foodservice department to include food storage, equipment operation, serving, stocking and cleaning of the equipment and food preparation areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Clean and store all dishes using the dishwasher and clean entire dish cleaning area each day to include routine maintenance of the dishwasher.
2. Removes all trash, cleans area around containers, relines containers and washes as needed
3. Assists in preparation of the serving areas to include equipment startup, food, dish, utensil, condiments and drink delivery and replenishments throughout the serving times.
4. Performs cleaning duties to include, sweeping, mopping, wiping, dusting, degreasing and other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor.
5. Performs equipment maintenance to include, defrosting, grill cleaning, de-liming and hot table water changes.
6. Assists in breakdown of serving areas and putting away dishes after each serving time and prepares areas for next meal service.
7. Assist with special events that require food service support which may require overtime.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in a full service food preparation operation preferably in an education environment.
2. Full understanding of a commercial preparation kitchen to include all equipment, food storage, safe food handling and food preparation.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
1. Respect for the mission of the Church.
2. Maintain confidentiality of all information related to a business or personal nature that is shared or acquired during the course of your work.
3. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others is essential.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks.
5. Demonstrated use of basic math skills.
6. Must be able to communicate through written, telephonic and personal interactions with a positive and understanding attitude.
7. Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in conditions that may be hot, noisy and require long periods of standing or walking during shift.
1. Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet needs.
2. Positive in all interactions with staff, students and visitors to the facilities is essential.
3. Must be responsive to the Kitchen Supervisor and other staff at all times.
4. Must keep the Kitchen Supervisor apprised of any situations that could result in disruption to food service operations at the Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
To apply, please send resume to - [email protected]