Kenrick Glennon Seminary isseeking a full-time Dishwasher.
This position’s work time isweekdays from 6:00 am – 2:00 pm. Sunday hours required starting at 8:00 am – length negotiable.This position is responsible for dish and equipment cleaning but may performduties for other aspects of the food service department to include cooking andmeal preparation, food storage, equipment operation, serving, stocking andcleaning of the equipment and food preparation areas. This position alsoincludes general manual labor tasks and landscaping work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and store all dishes using the dishwasher and clean entire dish cleaning area each day to include routine maintenance of the dishwasher.
- Removes all trash, cleans area around containers, relines containers and washes as needed.
- Assists in preparation of theserving areas to include equipment startup, food, dish, utensil, condiments anddrink delivery and replenishment throughout the serving times.
- Performs cleaning duties to include, sweeping, mopping, wiping, dusting, degreasing and other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Performs equipment maintenance to include, defrosting, grill cleaning, de-liming and hot table water changes.
- Assists in breakdown of serving areas and putting away dishes after each serving time and prepares areas for next meal service. Assist with special events that require food service support which may require overtime. Prepare/cook meals as needed (Sundays).
Knowledge andExperience Requirements:
- Experience in a fullservice food preparation operation preferably in an education environment
- Full understanding ofa commercial preparation kitchen to include all equipment, food storage, safefood handling and food preparation.
Skills, Abilities and AttitudesRequired for Success in Job:
- Respect for themission of the Church.
- Maintain confidentialityof all information related to a business or personal nature that is shared oracquired during the course of your work.
- Good interpersonalskills and ability to work well with others is essential.
- Ability to workindependently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks.
- Demonstrated use ofbasic math skills.
- Must be able tocommunicate through written, telephonic and personal interactions with apositive and understanding attitude.
- Ability to lift 50 lbsand work in conditions that may be hot, noisy and require long periods ofstanding or walking during shift.
- Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet needs.
- Positive in all interactions with staff, students and visitors to the facilities is essential.
- Must be responsive to the Kitchen Supervisor and other staff at all times.
- Must keep the Kitchen Supervisor apprised of any situations that could result in disruption to food service operations at the Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
Please send resume information to: