Director of Youth Ministry
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque is a parish of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, located in South County. It is a large and vibrant parish of nearly 2400 families.
The Youth Ministry program at St. Margaret Mary Alacoque strives to guide our young Catholic Church towards the way of truth by providing opportunities to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, deepen their understanding of the Roman Catholic Faith, avail themselves to the Church’s Sacraments, particularly the Holy Eucharist, foster wholesome friendships, and develop a personal prayer life in a setting that is safe, encouraging and empowering.
POSITION SUMMARY: This full-time (40 hours per week) position undertakes the challenge of organizing and coordinating the youth ministry efforts of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish so that middle school, high school, and young adult parishioners are given every opportunity to experience the life-changing power of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Collaboration will be expected with a variety of staff and parishioners.
● Be an active, committed, faith filled Roman Catholic
● Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Be able to teach and share the Catholic faith
● Have leadership experience with youth and young adults and possess strong organizational skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with the youth, young adults, parents, pastor, associate, parish & school staff, core team, and surrounding parish youth ministers to assess the existing programs and direct future youth ministry programing.
● Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Office of Youth Ministry to maintain an awareness of Archdiocesan resources, programs and guidelines.
● Coordinate and promote the Youth & Young Adult Ministry Program as a part of the St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish Family.
● Recruit and train volunteers to assist the Youth Ministry Program.
● Participate in professional development and continuing education programs, such as Wellspring.
● Maintain an ongoing knowledge of trends and resources in youth ministry.
● Invite, gather and lead the youth in regularly planned programs.
● Coordinate youth volunteers for the 11:30am Sunday Mass
● Manage two music ministers overseeing the youth band
● Coordinate with DRE to promote and execute Totus Tuus
● Plan and execute Sunday night gatherings for high school teens
● Plan and execute once or twice monthly Monday night gatherings for middle school teens
●Collaborate with SMMA 7th & 8th grade religion teachers to be present to the teens during the school week
● Plan and execute annual Luke 18 Retreat for 7th graders
● Plan and execute annual John 17 retreat for 8th graders
● Promote and execute a Spring or Fall Retreat for high schoolers.
● Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Springfield Missouri, for the Steubenville Youth Conference
● Promote and chaperone local service projects
● Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Washington DC for the March for Life
●Collaborate with youth ministers in the area to execute a monthly XLT event
● Be accessible during the week to provide opportunities and appropriate settings for the youth to visit for discussion of current events and/or personal crises
●Oversees young adult ministry and collaborates with surrounding parishes to facilitate Abide on Thursday nights
● Maintain close contact with students, young adults, parents, administrators, and campus ministers of area high schools
● Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communications with high school students and junior high youth, utilizing various means of communication
● Establish and maintain regular communication with the entire parish regarding the youth ministry program
● Maintain a high visibility in the St. Margaret Mary Alacoque day school and PSR program
● Prepare, develop, and manage an annual budget.
● Account for all youth ministry expenses.
● Organize and manage fundraising to support the youth
COMPENSATION: St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish offers a competitive salary based on years of experience and educational formation. In addition, we offer health insurance, dental insurance and a retirement plan.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to Fr Samuel at [email protected] OR by mail to:
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Parish
Attn: Fr. Samuel Inameti
4900 Ringer Rd
St. Louis, MO 63129