Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization whichen compasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We have a full-time opportunity fora Director of the Office Respect Life, Family and Social Responsibility. This role supports the mission of the Archdiocese of St. Louis and the mission of the Department of Evangelization and Parish Ministry Support in fulfilling the four-fold mission – to educate,to advocate, and to provide pastoral and spiritual programs that protect and respect the family and all human life from conception to natural death. The Director collaborates with parishes,apostolates and agencies in their mission to share the person of Jesus Christ,the Gospel message and the Catholic faith with the people within the Archdiocese of St. Louis. This person is responsible for setting the direction and leading the staff of the Office of the Respect Life, Family and Social Responsibility group which includes a Respect Life Program Manager, a Family Life Program Manager, Marriage Ministry Coordinator, Marriage Prep Hospitality Facilitator, Social Responsibility Program Manager, along with administrative support staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend team meetings of the Office of Evangelization and Parish Ministry Support.
- Under the guidance of the communications group serves as one of the spokespersons on identified issues within the scope of the Respect Life, Marriage and Family and Social Responsibility/Justice areas.
- Donor relationship management and new donor development.
- Supervise, train and evaluate the staff of the Office of Life, Family and Social Responsibility.
- Establish strategic direction and assist the staff in writing and completing the goals related to each job description in support of that direction.
- Support and approve all of the programs, events, workshops, conventions and conferences of the Office of Respect Life, Marriage and Family and Social Responsibility group. Including budgetary approval, program development, management and oversight.
- Management of volunteer and coordinator networks. Including recognition programs for volunteers.
- Build collaborative relationships with staff, priests, pastors, and other curia offices and agencies.
- Some evening and weekend work required for, workshops, conferences, speaking engagements, community and parish meetings, etc. Teach classes and lead workshop as necessary.
- Support and approve the various newsletters and publications. Through staff and personally manage/oversee social media promotion for the office.
- Through the Marriage Ministry Coordinator, manage the Archdiocese of St. Louis marriage preparation program, and to identify, develop and implement a new Post Cana Ministry for the parishes. Through the Family Life Program Manager manage current family support programs and to identify supplemental ministries to serve families including those with children who are experiencing gender dysphoria and/or same sex attraction.
- Through the Respect Life Program Manager, manage current programs and to grow and develop community formation and education on Life issues, including outreach and support programs such as Project Rachael and Project Joseph.
- Through the Social Responsibility Program Manager in collaboration with the Peace & Justice Commission, Catholic Charities and the Office of Catholic Education and Formation to develop content and programming focusing on formational and educational efforts surrounding Catholic social teaching and social justice issues.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Must be an active practicing Catholic who is knowledgeable regarding the Church’s teaching on Life issues.
- Thorough understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church especially as it relates to Life issues, issues impacting families and Catholic Social Teaching
- Bachelor (Master degree highly preferred) in the areas of Catholic Theology, Catholic Social Teaching or pastoral ministry.
- 3-5 years of ministerial experience (program growth, development, maintenance) in one or more areas of Family Life, Pro-life and Social Justice.
- 3-5 years of experience in volunteer recruiting, development.
- Experience in Donor relationship management and new donor development.
- 5+ years of experience in leading a team; in ministry and in working as part of a team.
- Bi-lingual fluency a plus but not a necessity.
- Experience in Social Media Promotion (i.e.: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Experience in Microsoft Office Programs.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Focused passion and zeal for the ministries of the group.
- Ability to prioritize and work both independently and with others on a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and face-to-face with a natural talent to meet and welcome people.
- Ability to present and engage large groups.
- Flexibility in both thought and action and the ability to redirect priorities when necessary.
- Spirit of open and collaborative communication.
- Collaborative relationships with the Executive Director of the Office of Evangelization and Parish Ministry Support and the staff, priests, deacons, other agencies, apostolates, and people of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Collaborates as needed with the Missouri Catholic Conference, the U. S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) Pro-Life Secretariat, as well as with other groups in the Respect Life, Family Life and Peace and Social Justice areas.
- In collaboration with the Communications Offices develops a working relationship with the media.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.