Ste. Genevieve du Bois Parish located in Warson Woods, Missouri is looking for a part time Director of Religious Education. This position includes benefits.
The DRE is responsible for the development, organization, and administration of the parish's religious education program and Catholic formation program in fulfillment of the catechetical mission of the parish in cooperation with the pastor, school principal, and parish staff.
The DRE must be living in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church. Teaching experience in religious education is referred. This person must be competent in visioning, applying age appropriate catechetical methods and basic program development as well as exhibit skills in
interpersonal communication, collaborative ministry and public speaking.
1. Supervise parish religious education and Catholic formation programs and personnel.
2. Recruit and train teachers/facilitators of early childhood, youth and adult programs.
3. Supervise curricula planning and the selection of texts.
4. Establish the programs’ calendar.
5. Oversee the registration process of religious education.
6. Cooperate with parish and school staff members in developing and implementing programs and use of the facilities.