Washington University Catholic Student Center (CSC) has a full-time opportunity for a Director of Operations. This role oversees and provides leadership for advancement, campus ministry, and daily operations, while also helping to create a vibrant and engaging environment for undergraduate, graduate and professional students and community members. The CSC is a house of Catholic formation and community of hospitality for students of all faiths. The CSC strives to form students intellectually, orally, socially, and spiritually according to the wisdom of the Catholic Church. This position works with a leadership team composed of directors of campus ministry and advancement to establish a living and forward thinking strategic plan of how best to serve students now and into the future in a never-changing world. The director works closely with and reports to the priest at the CSC to learn and understand the priest’s pastoral vision for his work with students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operations Financial Oversight: responsible for the physical facilities (CSC House, Chapel, Commons, Social Hall and Library and Herring House); supervise the maintenance supervisor, the executive assistant, budget staff member, and technology consultant; develop and implement a long-term plan for capital projects; develop and monitor the operating plan (complete with goals, objectives and metrics for the year); serve as the in-house Human Resources liaison with the Archdiocese; oversee hiring and development of job descriptions; initiate annual performance appraisal and determine salaries, merit increases; coordinate internal communications.
- Supervise and work closely with the Director of Advancement and his team who are responsible for fund raising efforts.
- Supervise and work closely with the Director of Campus Ministry and his team who recruit students, provide spiritual guidance, and facilitate a myriad of campus programs.
- Foster and maintain relationships with Washington University administrators, Archdiocesan staff and departments, and other leaders of WU campus ministries. Maintain connection and networking efforts with St. Louis leaders, CSC friends, and other Newman Centers across the country
- Work with the entire CSC staff and Advancement Council to develop a compelling strategic plan, build and maintain team cohesiveness, negotiate differing opinions, maintain a positive staff culture and morale, continuously improves elf/ staff professional capabilities, and enhance overall organizational effectiveness.
- Serve as the primary contact and coordinator for the CSC Advancement Council
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree required
- Leadership experience, supervisory and budgetary responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Experience working with diverse individuals and groups
- Commitment to the mission of the Catholic Student Center and the Catholic Church
- Leadership experience in a nonprofit organization
- Advanced degree applicable to job responsibilities
- Familiarity with institutions of higher education
Please apply at [email protected]with a resume and cover letter. If you have any questions re: this position, you may contact Jill Carnaghi at [email protected]ashucsc.org.