Job Title: Director of Music and Liturgy
Agency/School/Parish: Christ, Prince of Peace
Position Reports to: Pastor
Christ, Prince of Peace Church & School has an immediate opening for a Director of Music and Liturgy. The Director of Music is a key member of the parish Pastoral Team and reports directly to the Pastor. This is a full-time position, but can be adjusted if part-time is desired.
- Leading and/or accompanying the assembly for the musical component of weekend liturgies and other services. This includes all solemnities and holy days of obligation, plus other events as needed.
- Planning music and leading Weekly All-School Mass for our day school and occasional Masses for PSR(Evening School)
- Leading weekly Liturgical Music practice with day school students
- Schedules all liturgical musicians, cantors, and choir(s).
- Leads weekly rehearsals of parish choir(s) and extra rehearsals of choir(s)/cantors
- Present 30 minutes before service for rehearsal with cantor (45-60 at choral masses)
- Maintenance of parish instruments
- Available for funerals (Monday-Saturday)
- Available for weddings (including consultation) for additional stipend.
- Serves as staff member designated to assist parish Liturgy Committee.
- Continuously updates professional and liturgical education through reading, workshops, conferences, private study, personal practice, etc.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in organ or church music (relevant experience may be in considered in place of degree requirements)
- Skills in organ improvisation
- Thorough knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy and music resources
- Ability to accompany singers & instrumentalists in solo and ensemble performance
- Moderate vocal experience, including ability to sing with accurate pitch and rhythm
- Personal skills and willingness to work with people
- Wicks Opus 5321 Pipe Organ (Specifications available at www.christprinceofpeace.com/organ)
- Baldwin SF10 Grand Piano (tuned 2x/year minimum; full regulation performed summer 2018)
- OCP Breaking Bread Subscription (including Keyboard and Guitar Accompaniment Books)
- Separate rehearsal space with Boston upright piano (tuned 2x/year)
To apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Fr. Chris Dunlap by emailing [email protected] or by mail (415 Weidman Rd. Manchester, MO 63011)