General Description of Duties
The Director of Development and Parish Life is a full-time(40 hours per week) position. The overarching role of the Director of Development and Parish Life is to facilitate and support parishioner stewardship. Primary responsibilities include organizing parish wide events,building relationships with parishioners and overseeing and creating parish communications.
This position reports to the Parish Administrator.
Prefer 2 years’ experience in a development, marketing and website management position. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship,marketing, public relations and website programs required.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university required.A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
Job Duties &Responsibilities
- Oversee and create when necessary all parish wide communications including: weekly bulletin,weekly emails, annual reports, gift acknowledgement letters, year-end statements, and appeal letters.
- Plan and implement parish wide events including: The Grand Night Gala, Xavier Days,Parishioner Appreciation Dinner, Trivia Night, Parish Picnic
- Supervise bulletin editor and manage relationship with the company that prints the bulletin
- Maintain parish database and parish website
- Provide support to the Parish Life Commission and the Financial Development Commission.
- Actively build relationships with parishioners by being present on Sundays and at other major parish gatherings
- Assist the Pastor in other programs as necessary.
- Other duties as directed and required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires skills in word processing, website maintenance, database management and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point) and the willingness to learn fund raising and web design and management computer software programs.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 plus benefits
Send cover letter and resume to Katie Jansen Larson at email@example.com.