Cardinal Ritter College Prep (CRCP) has a full-time opportunity as a Director of Advancement and Major Gifts. This position is part of the Today and Tomorrow Educational Foundation (TTEF) and Cardinal Ritter College Preparatory High School.
The CRCP Director of Advancement and Major Gifts is an integral part of the strategic direction of Cardinal Ritter College Prep and works as a member of the TTEF team. The Director in conjunction with CRCP President is responsible for strategic planning related to development, cultivating and stewarding existing donor relationships, building a new pipeline of donors, and corporate and civic engagement. The Director works closely with senior leaders from Cardinal Ritter and TTEF. The Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Advancement for TTEF with dotted line reporting to the president of Cardinal Ritter.
Duties and Responsibilities
●Work closely with President, CRCP Senior Administrative Team, TTEF Team and other key members of the school community in executing the school's comprehensive strategic fundraising plan.
●Meet established fundraising goals, understanding the critical role that donor participation plays in ensuring the success of the school's mission.
●Develop an overarching strategy that includes appropriate donor cultivation, personal contact, effective solicitation, and ongoing stewardship.
●Oversee the fundraising effort and market the school's brand to the donor community.
●Direct the major fundraising initiatives, including corporate and individual major gifts and grants.
●Develop and create initiatives to support new legislation as well as planned giving
●Oversee special events, such as the annual CRCP Gala, donor receptions, and volunteer appreciation events.
●Work closely with the CRCP Senior Leadership to ensure alumni participation in developing a culture of stewardship.
●Initiate and maintain contact with major donors, building meaningful relationships.
● Conduct independent research, to identify prospective donors from a variety of constituencies.
● Ensure the proper receiving, allocating, recording, and acknowledging of all gifts.
● Draft, with support, the annual budget for the Advancement office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
●An authentic understanding and desire to elevate Cardinal Ritter College Prep High School and to embrace/advance its mission.
●Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or other applicable field; master’s degree preferred.
●Minimum of seven years of development experience.
●Demonstrated accomplishments in growing revenue, specifically relating to fundraising, major gifts, and planned giving.
● Fluency with donor tracking software and social media platforms; proficiency using Nxt Raiser’s Edge preferred.
● Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and superior interpersonal skills, with a natural way of connecting with various constituents and audiences.
● Experience in donor prospecting, in cultivating and developing relationships with key donors, and in achieving success with major gifts.
●Understanding of how to build and expand the donor base through a variety of appropriate and effective strategies that are carefully shaped and uniquely targeted to various constituencies.
●Ability to manage/oversee special events with an eye towards helping donors to connect at a deeper level with the school and especially the students.
● Skilled problem-solver and critical, strategic thinker who will meet challenges with creative and effective solutions.
● Talented team leader and team participant, adept at working with staff members with diverse skills, gifts, expertise, and experience.
●A mature understanding of the critical role that Advancement plays in fulfilling the school’s mission, and a relentless commitment to achieving Advancement goals.
●Resourceful, committed, self-directed, and goal-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong work ethic, and keen attention to detail.
● Political savvy to appreciate and navigate a complex, challenging environment, using discretion, diplomacy, enthusiasm, and hospitality to build bridges and create connections among all partners who would support CRCP.
●Focused and disciplined administrator able to formulate an effective timeline, to establish and prioritize next steps, and to execute an effective strategy for success.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected]