The CatholicStudent Center at Washington University is a house of formation and a communityof hospitality for students of any or no faith. Our dream is that every student who encounters the Catholic StudentCenter Community is known, loved, and cared for. We will walk with them in theway of Christ to deepen their capacity for giving and receiving love and growinto compassionate, courageous leaders. We want students to go into the world healthier, happier, and holier.
The Director of Advancement isresponsible for all fundraising planning, outcomes and activities at theCatholic Student Center at Washington University (CSC), an agency of theArchdiocese of St. Louis. The individualin this role must be comfortable developing relationships with donors at alllevels with the focus of solidifying the donor’s relationship with the CSC’s mission.The director is a member of the CSC’s leadership team and supervises multiplepositions.
This role willreport to the Director of Operations and work in collaboration with the CSCstaff and community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Oversee a comprehensiveadvancement program that includes annual fund gifts, major gifts, planned gifts,and the submission of grants. This may include the development and execution ofa capital campaign or mini-campaign.
● Identify, cultivate, solicit andsteward major donors through high-quality interactions including individualmeetings. Special attention must be given to alumni of the Catholic StudentCenter as well as major donors.
● In collaboration with other staff,oversee the writing of solicitation letters, thank you letters, annual DonorImpact Report and other stewardship materials.
● Oversee the successful executionof the Newman Gala and other special events and fundraising programs.
● Work closely with the CSC’sChaplain, and other staff, to identify and cultivate donors as well as identifyfundraising opportunities.
● Collaborate with other staffmembers for activities that fall outside of advancement work.
● Provide direct supervisory supportto the Advancement Coordinator, Special Events Coordinator and CommunicationsSpecialist.
● Serve as primary staff contact andcoordinator for the CSC Advancement Council. Work closely with the CouncilChair to plan meetings and engage prospective members.
● In collaboration with the SpecialEvents Coordinator, serve as primary contact for CSC Friends. Support the committee of volunteers whichfacilitates programming, volunteer opportunities, and social events for CSCFriends.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● A Bachelor’s degree is required. Anadvanced degree is strongly preferred.
● 5+ years of fundraising experiencerequired.
● Management experience ispreferred.
● Time management and organizationalskills.
● Attention to detail.
● Strong communication skillsincluding written and verbal.
● Proficient in MS Office programs and Google suite.
● Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge 7.0or Raiser’s Edge NXT, or a similar database system, is strongly preferred.
● Practicing Catholic is stronglypreferred.
Pleasesend your resume and cover to the Catholic Student Center at WashingtonUniversity via email to [email protected]